Amore e Magia
Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
Curiosity leads to Culture leads to Sensitivity leads to Enthusiasm
leads to Love leads to Magic leads to Universal Love.
Because Everybody feels the Magic.
Therefore, Curiosity is a Universal Gift.
- Francesco Illy -
Brunello di Montalcino
First year of production
2008 as Rosso di Montalcino from 2015 as Brunello di Montalcino
Number of bottles produced
Vine training system and density
Spurred cordon with 6.600 plants per hectare
Oceanic marl rich in clay and limestone
Yield per hectare
Manual during the first week of September
Fermentation in big open-top casks for 50 days, the first 80% of the fermentation is carried out alongside open pump overs, whereas the remaining 20% of the fermentation is done piemontesina-style (infusion)
24 months of aging in bigger barrel followed by 18 months in cement vats
A deep ruby red, richer when compared to wines grown from our other vineyards. In the nose, it expresses itself as a symphony of aromas ranging from the intense smell of red-orange and violets to fresh balsamic herbal notes. This vineyard is characterized by a more creamy and silky taste coupled with a fun and vibrant saltiness. The 2018 vintage was mild with some refreshing rains in September. Wines from this vintage are certainly rich and Mediterranean. But we think that with the appropriate manoeuvres in the cellar, especially thanks to a longer time spent in the cement vats, the wines have an interesting energy and a long aging potential.
0,75L - 1,5L - 3L
Amore e Magia
Book your visit
Fill the form and we will contact you soon!