Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
Curiosity leads to Culture leads to Sensitivity leads to Enthusiasm
leads to Love leads to Magic leads to Universal Love.
Because Everybody feels the Magic.
Therefore, Curiosity is a Universal Gift.
- Francesco Illy -
First year of production
Number of bottles produced
Vine training system and density
Spurred cordon with 4.800 plants per hectare
Shists and limestone with sedimentary alluvia soil, rich in silt and sand which ranges from blue galestro to alberese
Yield per hectare
Manual, at the end of September
Fermentation in big open-top casks for 40 days, the first 80% of the fermentation is carried out alongside open pump overs, whereas the remaining 20% of the fermentation is done piemontesina-style (infusion)
24 months aging in oak barrels and 20 months in cement
Deep dark with lighter shadows, flavors are quite complex and the progression of different fragrances is endless, beginning with smaller black and red fruits, all surrounded by a vibrant and lively scent of fermentation. If you are patient, such scents will be turning into floral notes like rose and velvety flowers.
Our vineyards on the western slopes are surrounded by a fresh forest and very close to the Ombrone river. This means that they can handle well warmer seasons, exactly like 2017 has been. This is why the wine was able to maintain a nice dynamic taste, light without it being too sweet. At the same time the wine shows itself as quite ready and welcoming.
Book your visit
Fill the form and we will contact you soon!